....Or maybe you did because you're magical like that.
[And this is all shamelessly ripped off of what and did. ]
Also, be warned....these will probably turn into some giant ramblings/stories as I am feeling sooooo random today!
1) My first friend in kindergarden was a boy, a girl, and another girl from Japan. We used to play "Cooks" and make up a bunch of random disgusting foods (example: "I'm making strawberry-chocolate-lemon-coconut-applesauce!!!" ). There was also a large, stuffed tiger involved....somehow.
2) I actually started being interested in the stories of the clones from Episode 3. How Cody became my favorite I would assume is because I started off my Star Wars obsession worshiping Obi-Wan. But then I got kinda bored with him because all his stories had been told already and he wasn't really as 'underdogish' as I would be interested in. So then I was like, "Oh hey...." 0____0 "Who's that guy in orange? He's funny. I like his voice. Where did he come from? HOW DID HE GET THAT SCAR???!!! Why didn't he kill Obi-Wan?"....And from there the madness began. Reading "The Best Blades" graphic novel helped too.
3) I'm like the randomest combination of ethnicities ever....well not really. Just a lot. I'm like Hungarian, Polish, English, German, French, and even a little bit of Micmac (an Indian tribe from Canada that did a lot of mingling with the French fur traders....hence the French).
4) I used to have braces. Like a long time ago. Yeah.....Didn't help my image as a nerd.
5) I can't remember when I started writing. I know I started drawing from like day one. (example: "Oh hey! Dis random scribble is a DINO!!" ) I have a couple theories when I began writing and drawing in earnest. One theory is that when I came down with bronchitis in like fourth grade or something, I had to sit around and not do anything. (Anything = running around by myself pretending my plastic dinosaurs or horses were flying or something. ) I remember I had this weird, multicolored pen (like one of those that you press down a colored slide at the top and a coordinating ink color comes down from the tip.) and some old, crappy notebook. I think I might have been drawing like a dragon or something and maybe randomly realized that I should make a story out of what I was doing. Not really sure. All I know is that I now have an old, crappy notebook written with ink every color you can imagine, of some weird rip-off of like Deltora Quest and Unicorns of Balinor. I keep it to remind me that before I wrote about clones getting blown up or talking awkwardly to girls or doing epic battles against zombie droids, I wrote a book about unicorns and dragons being friends...... At least I'd included magical chickens in that one.
6) I blew up my oatmeal this morning.....Actually I just dropped it on my rug and made my roommate suddenly leave (probably so she didn't have to help me clean it up >_> ). It was fun cleaning up the shrapnel though! I examined some of the pieces just to get an idea of what shrap might be shaped like. .....Randomest story ever!!!
7) I've never been to a college party/"out" (drinking). Not only would I rather sit in my room writing and drawing (not to mention sleeping) than socialize, but I just don't really get the point of them. I'd also like to say that I also value the time and effort I put into my education and hobbies. I'm not like a super-amazing-genius human, I've got to work for my grades and drawing/writing skills. No offense to anyone who has been to one of these. It doesn't help that one of my younger acquaintances that's still in high school, told me that "Partying is part of the college experience.". I guess I'm just evil like that.
8) My family got actual internet like two years ago. .....Yes, I grew up in a cave, but it was kinda cool.
9) I used to be in quite an array of sports: Soccer, track, volleyball, and (if you consider it a sport) cheerleading. Yes, I was a cheerleader. But I don't know if I'd actually define myself as such. I was more like a whisperfollower. I didn't scream and jump up and down like I was being electrocuted like the other girls. I barely even did the cheers, just mouthing the words and watching the others to see what they did. Keep in mind this was in like 3rd of 4th grade too--that awkward time when I was encouraged to drop my love of velociraptors and other meat-eating dinos and take up unicorns and princesses. My favorite thing about 'whisperfollowing' was when we warmed up because I did my pushups and situps right (just like any good trooper), and I loved to run because I was faster than the other girls. When I got really good, I used to run two laps while they were still running their first. Evil me.
10) Like I said before, I've lived in the comforts of the Batcave for most of my life so I've come to technology kind of late. But that's not really an excuse for me not having facebook, cable tv, or texting. I'd be lying, though, if I told you that I kinda chose not to acquire these things. I'm not against anyone that does though, my bf does and as my best friend, I don't hold it against him. I guess it's just me being weird and directing my attention and energy towards one field at a time. Between dA, my blog, and twitter, I'm kept pretty busy.
11) I guess what made me write and draw, other than having a story to tell, was that I often write and draw what I want to read/look at. Kind of a weird goal, I know. I think it has something to do with how picky I am with movies and books now. I just end up with so many questions sometimes and especially wishing the writer had done something other than what they did for the plot. I guess that's one of the reasons I came here. You guys are always surprising me with where your stories are going. Before I joined, I would come to dA to read a lot of the fanfiction. I guess I think of it as, every story or piece of artwork has something good about it and I try to say something good about everyone's work I look at. By doing this I'm trying to encourage people to keep writing and drawing because the world needs more people like that. And with time and practice, you can only keep getting better. ......Nimbus' random infomercial of the day.
Yep....Now you all have proof that I'm crazy. Rock on and have a great day!